Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Nganzi / Magumeri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid implementing Emergency Sanitation and hygiene promotion and capacity building interventions in Maiduguri field office intervention areas
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with other team members, the HP assistant undertakes detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Assist the HP officer in preparing of IEC Materials and monitor the distribution of IEC materials to be used at community level.
- Ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages to the community at grass root level.
- Organize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of AWD.
- Organize training for community representatives on Hygiene and sanitation and AWD control.
- Plan and ensure the proper distribution of Non Food Items.
- Works closely with partners and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Works in collaboration with other GREENCODE staff, government partners & key stakeholders and Ensure proper integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor.
- Prepare brief emergency related monthly updates and submit to the supervisor.
- Closely work with GREENCODE community focus area for basic emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Work on building of the capacity of community target groups on WASH emergency promotion, NFI distributions and other health educations
- Plan and conduct different hygiene & sanitation promotion and health educations on different community meetings by using different hygiene promotion approaches
- Conduct regular post distribution monitoring and periodic post distribution survey of the NFI at house hold level
- Conduct different review meetings with stakeholders on progress of the hygiene promotion activities and beneficiary compliance and feedback management systems
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
- B.Sc Degree / Diploma in Environmental Health, Public Health
- Speaks Kanuri fleuntly
- 1year experience for BSc Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
- NGO experience is plus.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is mandatory
Deadline: 10th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates (female only) should send their Application and request for Competency Form, fill and submit form to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri and ready to relocate or resident in Nganzi or Magumeri, and speaks the local language(Kanuri) fluently.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.