Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then. At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation. Role Model School comprises of a Crèche, Playgroup, Reception, Nursery and Primary classes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Personnel
Location: Oregun – Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- ICT personnel manages the school networks, install, order and maintain software and hardware and provide technical support to staff and pupils.
Key Tasks: Supports Special Character
- To work as a member of a team, contributing to the Special Character of the school
- To be an appropriate role model for the students
Key Tasks: Maintain Hardware:
- Provide quality customer service of support of PC’s, printers, servers, clock-in device and other hardware to staff as required
- Assist with the planning and manage the rollouts of computers to the school as required.
- Maintain, repair and replace desktop and laptop computers
- Ensure integrity of servers, switches, cables, wireless access points
- Maintain, repair, replace components where necessary
- Liaise with service providers
Key Tasks: Maintain Software:
- Roll out, maintain and manage Microsoft software Maintain and manage the following applications:
- Internet Filter
- Wireless system
- Basis Accounting package
- Other software applications
- Liaise with various software suppliers on upgrade, issues and troubleshooting
Key Tasks: Network Security Management:
- Develop and manage network security systems
Key Tasks: Provide Assistance to Staff Members:
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Responsive to staff timeframes
- Provide trainings in aspects of computer use and software
- Ensure training and learning resources are available to staff
Key Tasks: Strategy:
- Maintain awareness of new development in the market that may enhance IT service delivery
- Ensure the design and enhancements of the schools infrastructure meet the intended business need and are aligned to relevant future industry trends
- Communicate with management on strategic direction of the system
Key Tasks: Financial / Budget Management:
- Plan and control an assigned budget annually
- Seek out cost savings and efficiencies
- Ensure all assets are properly handled and tracked with no losses
- Contribute to planning and establish appropriate capital plans to support school network
Key Tasks: General:
- Maintain and improve qualifications and expertise
- Complies with all school policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties and projects from time to time as requested
- Establish good working relationships with staff
- Professional and timely response to enquiries
- Delivery of advanced audio visual and video conference/meetings; provide the real-time user support during the event and any post production activity.
Key Tasks: Confidentiality:
- Keep confidential information private and not share except directed.
Key Tasks: Conflicts of Interest:
- Disclose any conflicts of interest or potential or perceived conflict of interest.
Key Tasks: Safety:
- Comply with the Safety legislation, Schools policies and procedures
- Follow safe working procedures
- Report hazards promptly
- Know what to do in emergencies.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent significant industry experience.
- Accreditation or training from Microsoft or other Network suppliers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience.
- High level knowledge of PC’s, printers, associated devices and software Knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software commonly used in schools
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety.
Deadline: 10th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.