Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Infographics and Communications Consultant
Requisition ID: req12038
- In April 2019, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) cooperative agreement to a consortium led by Palladium. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which serves as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic President’s Emergency Program for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) countries as part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs representing the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs. The project plays a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of US Government funding.
- The project’s overall goal is to improve in-depth global, regional, and national analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI received funding from USAID alongside other implementing partners to support the COVID-19 response in 8 states – Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger, and Oyo. From May 1st to November 30th , 2020, Data.FI supported the states’ responses, offering services across COVID decision support including data visualizations and heat mapping, situation room technical assistance to maximize the use of real-time data, enhancement of surveillance systems to address existing gaps with configuration of preferred surveillance tools, and modeling of epidemic to help governments understand how resources can shift in response to the evolving crisis.
- Working in collaboration with the respective State Ministries of Health (SMOHs), the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and the multi- and bilateral donor organizations supporting each of these SMOHs, Data.FI helped set up and/or strengthen COVID-19 emergency control centers (EOCs) in each state, developed the capacity of the states COVID-19 Task Teams.
- The second phase of support to these states, expected to commence in October 2021, is aimed at building on the achievements of the first phase of support provided with USAID funding in COVID-19 vaccination program decision support and additional capacity building of EOCs with enhancement of surveillance systems to address identified gaps.
Purpose of Position
- The infographics and communications consultant will be responsible for developing quality and visually appealing presentations, content management, communication materials in support of the states’ COVID-19 response through graphic design and web optimization solutions.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- The consultant will report to the Data analytics and Use Team Lead.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations.
- Delivery of creative infographics and technical solutions for print, electronic and animated presentations.
- Delivery of high-quality photographs and videos, maps, charts, information graphics and branding to support project documents on COVID-19 response.
- Communication of conceptual ideas and design decisions to the Data.FI project team.
- Development of visual designs taking into consideration typography, iconography, layout, and brand identity.
- Dissemination of information for upcoming activities and events related to COVID-19 response.
- Development of web content and web analytics solutions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, IT, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2-3+ years of experience in professional commercial design.
- Knowledge of graphic design software and tools including Adobe Creative Cloud: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint.
- Experience work in a health sector will be an added advantage.
- Strategic understanding of marketing/communication/social media campaigns in order to recommend and incorporate visual communications. Adaptive design eye, attention to detail, creative thinking skills, and a strong sense of concept development.
- Ability to handle concurrent projects and multi-task.
- A portfolio of past works is required for review.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online