The Edo State Government is carrying out a Public Service Transformation and Enhancement Project as part of its Institutional Reform Agenda. The Project is designed to develop the Human and Organizational capabilities required to deliver efficient services to the people of Edo State, and to Make Edo Great Again.
In line with the institutional Reform Agenda, and to support the implementation of the transformation programme and contribute to embedding the new ways of working, the services of talented experienced professionals are required to fill the critical vacant position below in the Edo State Internal Revenue Service (EIRS):
Job Title: Legal Officer – SGL 07
Job Code: HREIRS011
- Legal Officers shall be responsible for monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements.
- Legal Officers shall also ensure that all times the Service complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the tax sector.
- Appearing for the Service in all proceedings, assisting in the formulation and execution of training programmes for staff, assisting in coordinating the duties of a number of junior officers, assisting in drafting legal documents for the Service
Candidate must possess the minimum academic and professional requirements below for this position:
- Candidate must be legally qualified to practice as Barrister and Solicitor in Nigeria with at least eight (8) years post-call cognate experience in practice and must be computer literate.
- Experience in commercial law practice, good understanding of tax & revenue law and arbitration shall be an added advantage
- Candidate must have completed the mandatory NYSC program (where applicable). Additional educational or professional qualifications may be an added advantage.
- Candidate must also be computer literate, technology savvy, possess good Interpersonal and leadership skills and be able to work effectively in teams.
- Candidate applying as experienced professionals must not be more than 50 years of age by December 31, 2021.
Deadline: Sunday, 19th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates who possess the required qualifications, experience and skills and would like to join us on this exciting and challenging Transformation Journey are invited to apply.
- Serving Public Servants who are seeking a higher challenge are also invited to apply.
- This publication is not an extension of the previous job advertisement; This supersedes any other related publication.
- Candidates may only apply for 1 position. Multiple applications will result in disqualification
- The EIRS does not require candidates to make any payments to any person or organization in respect of this recruitment exercise.
- As an equal opportunity employer this recruitment campaign shall be free, fair and merit-driven.