Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. Lagos-Benin Expressway, Ugowo-Isihor axix, Benin City, EDO, NG.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with the hotel standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximize maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and management satisfaction. Prioritize, plan, schedule assign and supervise the maintenance department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Supervise the work of external personnel or contractor.
- Respond to guest’s maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to the hotel standards.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, welding, etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to AC, Decoder, TV Sets, Water heater, Borehole, etc.
- Check the quality of equipment, plant and machineries including other related materials procured by the organization.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Respond to reports from Housekeeping and Front Office Managers as regard rooms.
- Ensure that stores have adequate stock of materials, equipment and tools.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Train staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel’s emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, etc.
- Ensure maintenance staff wear the proper uniform and uphold the hotel safety and hygiene standards.
- Design maintenance work order form / Job card.
- Regularly go around the rooms to check the bulbs, sockets and other things that are dead or damaged and that are due for changes and repairs.
- Ensure there’s regular servicing of Air conditioners (like interval of every three (3) months) in the rooms, hall, reception, restaurants, bar, wellness center etc.
- Ensure there’s also regular servicing of the feeder pillars in the hotel, like interval of every six (6) months.
- Keep all contacts that are related to the maintenance department.
- Monitor diesel purchase to ensure that adulterated diesel is not supplied and for steady refiling of the diesel tank.
- Have thorough knowledge of firefighting appliances/tools.
- Ensure that the hotel’s borehole is always functioning.
- Ensure that security lights are working.
- Ensure that ladders and other tools used must be returned to the department for safekeeping.
- Undertake to do any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) qualification.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience.
Deadline: 30th September, 2021.