Konga is Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 7 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values, in a nutshell, speak to placing our customers as a priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things.
We are recruiting a passionate candidate to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Audit & Compliance (KongaPay)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Managerial Level
Reports to: VP / CEO KongaPay
- The successful candidate will coordinate compliance and setting proper internal control.
- To provide quality audit services through providing consultation on enterprise-wide projects.
- Internal Audit evaluates the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the systems of control within Kongapay and the quality of ongoing operations.
- Effectively plan and function as Auditor-In-Charge for audits of all areas subject to audit within the company, assigning personnel to specific audit activities and reviewing audit work papers for adequacy of coverage and content to support audit findings.
- Develop review and analyze the ongoing effectiveness of all audit programs, recommending changes and improvements as appropriate to VP and CEO.
- Assist in education and development of staff members as related to CBN compliance.
- Conduct and/or assist with special projects; assist independent public accountants or examiners and support other audit personnel; and handle auditee questions and inquiries.
- Develop and implement effective audit techniques and procedures and utilize documentation skills, which adequately support audit findings within a timely manner.
- Evaluate and analyze the effectiveness of more complex procedures and internal controls within the assigned corporate or compliance area, using appropriate audit skills, techniques, and judgement.
- In a timely manner, effectively prepare summaries of findings and audit reports and communicate audit findings and recommendations to appropriate auditee levels, including executive management and the Audit Committee.
- Develop a high level of analytical skills and evaluate the effectiveness of procedures, segregation of duties and internal controls within a corporate area or enterprise wide project.
- Develop recommendations for improving governance, risk management, internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of company records and record-keeping
- Investigate, as requested by senior management, fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within Kongapay. Work in cooperation with law enforcement agencies in any such cases as deemed necessary.
- Evaluate internal audit suitability, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and internal controls’ effectiveness and implement an ongoing quality development and improvement program.
- Any other task assigned by line manager.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent (speaking and writing) communication skills
- Excellent presentation ability
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Proficient in use of MS office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in use of Accounting softwares (Tally, Quickbook and Sage)
- Proficient in use of ERP softwares (SAP and Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Good listening skill.
Deadline: 17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Manager, Audit & Compliance (KongaPay)” as the subject of the mail.