The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
CHAD’s knowledge of the context and local terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable International and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, partners in the public and humanitarian sectors and has further resulted to steady contributions to sectoral objectives.
On this regard, CHAD seeks a competent person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobilization Officer
Project type: Fixed Contract
Duration: 10 months with possible extension
- Under the supervision and line management of the CHAD Governance Project Team Leader, the Community Mobilization Officer is responsible for supporting CHAD Int’l Governance team to establish effective relationships with the hosted population, and facilitate increasing participation of the hosted population across all sectors within the selected project sites.
- This entails building strong relationships with the host population from across different ethnicities, religions, nationalities, genders and ages.
- The Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for establishing and supporting functioning and equitable community representative groups, and for organizing regular recreational and social events within the site.
- Moreover, will be responsible to design and implement workshops and relevant activities, so as to enhance hosted population’s autonomy and prepare them for their gradual integration into Nigeria peaceful governance system and social cohabitation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships with members of the hosted population and also maintain contacts with the relevant community authorities and humanitarian actors at site level, in order to support the participation and inclusion of the hosted population.
- Mediate between different groups living within the site, to support peaceful relations and reduce security tensions and internal fracas or disharmony.
- Continually sensitize all stakeholders as to the importance of respectful dialogue with the community.
- In close cooperation with the hosted population, organize appropriate social, recreational and cultural activities in the site which enhance social cohesion and improve their love to unity, social cohabitation and learning.
- Promote a participatory approach (engagement of affected population) to wards towards unity, learning, and with the utmost to promote the empowerment and full engagement of women and girls in the community.
- Collect information on the needs and concerns of the hosted population, sharing with other stakeholders for follow-up.
- Support effective communication and information-sharing to the hosted population, including providing information on services, activities and events in the community.
- Develop and participate in awareness-raising sessions as it will be outlined from time to time by the team.
- Where possible, support activities aimed at supporting collaboration and positive relations between the hosted population and the host communities.
- Support with interpretation, cultural mediation and translation, if requested and if relevant to his/her skills
- Support in the design and implementation of verification and distribution of learning materials, protective materials and observing other safety protocols, as well as other relevant activities in the host communities.
- Designs and implements workshops and empowerment activities, aiming to enhance the objective of the project within the project site.
- Support, appraise and providing training as needed; develop activity plans with the team and provide daily education/learning system to the selected beneficiaries.
- Ensure that all activities/projects are implemented in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on progress on activities about the project.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the CHAD governance team leader/management to ensure the success of CHAD Int’l operations in the host communities.
- Provide inputs for all relevant internal and external reporting
- Ensure that all project-related documentation is of high quality and archived according to donor and CHAD Int’l requirements
- B.A Degree in International Relations, Management, Social Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in educational projects
- Experience in representation and community social work.
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local communities members and other stakeholders
- Strong computer skills
- High professional ethics
- Knowledge of language (e.g. Kanuri, Shuwa) is essential.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security environment.
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills are must, and a good sense of humor.
Deadline: 5th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter not more than 3 pages to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Letter should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International.
- CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Application submitted after deadline will not be honored.