Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Activity Manager – CTC / CTU
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all care and nursing related activities in the project and ensuring the daily management of the human resources, according to MSF nursing protocols, standards and procedures, in order to warrant efficiency , quality and continuity of prescribed care.
- Planning and organizing all nursing related activities (IPD, OPD, maternity, nutrition, etc.) and participating in the definition of annual planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the standard quality healthcare. When needed, being responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on call of nursing staff.
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the legal therapeutic protocols, procedures and standards, depending on project objectives (PPTCT, PEP, VCT, IEC, SGBV, MH services, etc.) and providing technical support when needed, to ensure the quality of the nursing care, confidentiality and information traceability, patient surveillance, and the application of the therapeutic and sterilization rules by the health care personnel.
- Supervising the nutritional activities in order to ensure that therapeutic food is provided regularly and that it complies with quality and quantity standards.
- Ensuring all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient’s card and registration book, discharge paper, transfer paper, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly.
- According to MSF protocols and in collaboration with the Pharmacist and Medco, supervising the distribution (according to medical prescriptions) and pharmacy activity, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- In close coordination with the Logistics Manager, supervising laboratory outputs related to nursing activities (blood test) to ensure samples are collected correctly and results are provided on time.
- In close coordination with the HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Training nursing staff on PTE.
- Reporting to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participating in monthly reports.
- Note: PPTCT = Prevention Parent To Child Transmission; PEP= Post Exposure Prophylaxis; VCT = Voluntary Counselling and Testing; IEC = Information, Education and Communication; SGBV = Sexually Gender Based Violence; MH = Mental Health; PTE = Patient Therapeutic Education.
- Essential Nursing Diploma for general or specialized health services (Bachelor in Science of Nursing Desirable).
- 2 – 5 years work experience.
- Specialization or training in tropical medicine would be an asset.
- Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities related jobs. Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Behaviour flexibility, People Management and Development, Result & Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
Deadline: 10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.