WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that wishes to recruit a talented and God-fearing Short-Term Consultant in the position below:
Job Title: Organizational Subject Matter Expert
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- WEWE desires to hire a short term consultant who believes in growing and supporting local organizations, believes that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt, believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares WEWE’s ideologies as listed below:
- We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
- We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
To develop the capacity of local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) across Nigeria in the following areas:
- Organization vision, mission, and core values
- Organization statutory compliance
- Strategic plan, basic policies, procedures, Office and Equipment
- CAC Registration Status and Registration with relevant state ministries
- Guide civil society organizations on how to be compliant with the regulatory framework
- Organization work plan, the process of managing change, documented knowledge of stakeholders, strong partnership management procedures, Sustainability component, etc.
- Board governance, leadership training, and succession planning
- Annual work plan development
- Knowledge on how to use organizational development assessment tools particularly in the area of Organizational development
- Knowledge on how to write a capacity development plan in the area of organizational development
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A graduate with Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in any Social Science or related fields.
- Evidence of carrying out organizational capacity assessments for local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
- Evidence of formulating capacity development plans.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of Nine (9) years’ experience in Organizational Development duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, survey development, website landing pages, and other useful software.
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of strong report writing skills.
Deadline: 12th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.