Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
We are recruiting suitably qualified, highly motivated, and well experienced candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Planning & Development Manager
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The Planning and Development Manager shall be responsible to the Managing Director in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities to effectively manage the Planning & Development functions of Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited).
Job Purpose and Functions
- To ensure effective and efficient design, costing, planning and implementation of major and minor infrastructure development works for the Corporation including preparation of procurement documents for local and international procurement processes and with a bias towards engineering works for power facilities to secure financing for the projects. Those infrastructure development works include, but not limited to; new power generation facilities, transmission and distribution lines infrastructure & associated substations and roads & buildings.
- Also to provide advisory services to user Departments on the proper planning for implementation and the actual execution of operation and major maintenance of all infrastructures including condition assessment and planning of major maintenance activities.
The Planning & Development Manager shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Supervising, directing, evaluating and coordinating staff of Planning and Development Department;
- Directing and guiding the Planning & Development Department in coordinating the development of the Corporation’s Strategic and Business Plans including Investment Frameworks and ensuring that they address the requirements of the Corporation’s Vision, Mission and Objectives.
- Through use of relevant models, developing the Corporation’s Short-Term, Medium-Term and Long- Term Strategic and Operational Plans in liaison with other Department Heads and in line with the overall business objectives of the Corporation.
- Ensuring that the Corporation’s Action Plans are derived from the Corporation’s Strategic and Business Plans, and in liaison with other Department Heads, that the material, human, and financial resources are available in the Short, Medium and Long-Terms for smooth implementation of such plans;
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating implementation of formulated Action Plans based on the Strategic Plans and Business Plans and taking corrective action where appropriate by introducing adjustments or alternatives to the Plans as dictated by available resources;
- Developing plans to ensure environmentally sustainable development of power plants, power lines and installations;
- Advising and monitoring correct operation of all infrastructures and initiation of routine and major maintenance of the same to enhance/sustain performance:
- Ensuring timely preparation of Capital Budgets for the Corporation in line with the Investment Frameworks for the Corporation to facilitate the translation into action of the requirements in the Corporation’s Corporate Strategic Plans;
- Preparation of the Department’s Revenue and Capital budgets;
- Guiding in the development of Power Planning and Development Strategies and Policies in line with the overall business objectives of the Corporation;
- Developing project design, design standards and monitoring and evaluation strategies in line with the overall strategies;
- Developing, technically and financially appraising, evaluating, detailed planning and costing for implementation of new power development projects, rehabilitation or refurbishment, modification, and modenisation works and other major maintenance projects, inclusive of assisting in the preparation of project financing soliciting documents, in accordance with engineering and economic frameworks;
- Providing technical support and preparation of procurement documents for local and international procurement processes;
- Providing Contracts Administration services
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as other reports as required; and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic. Those with a relevant Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- The Applicant must also be a registered member of engineering professional bodies including the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and must have at least eight (8) years’ working experience of which at least three (3) years should be at Management level.
- Applicants with hands on experience in the power supply industry will have a strong added advantage.
Key / Core Competencies
He/she Must Have:
- Ability to handle complex work planning, costing and implementation to meet both targets and budget, under minimal supervision (self-starter, high initiative);
- Ability to analyse and coming up with solutions to challenges in infrastructure development for power supply facilities and other associated works, in the face of the ever-increasing negative and dynamic impact of environmental degradation and climate change (Excellent problem-solving skills);
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks under confined environments (Highly multi-skilled);
- Have a passion for power utility developments:
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organisational skills;
- Have a high degree of civil engineering skills;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills; h) Have excellent interpersonal skills and able to deal with a diverse workforce;
- Be self-motivated, a team player and results-oriented;
- Be of high integrity; and
- Have excellent negotiation skills.
Deadline: 8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications under confidential Cover, enclosing copies of Certificates, detailed CV with Names and Contact details of three (3) traceable Referees to:
The Chairman of the Board,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. O. Box 15, Bukuru,
Jos South – Plateau State.
Send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.