Kaduna Polytechnic – The Polytechnic was established as Technical Institute in 1956 and became a full-fledged Polytechnic in April, 1968 vide Decree No. 20. The Institution was taken over by the Federal Government vide Decree 40 of 1991 and currently operate under the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Functions & Duties
The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day running/administration of the Polytechnic Library.
His/her functions shall include among others:
- Responsible for the smooth running of the library,
- Preparation of the Library budgets and estimates,
- Responsible for the overall Library policy and liaising with other departments,
- Engaging in matters of common interest to the Polytechnic,
- Perform other duties that might be assigned by the Rector from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate for the Polytechnic Librarian must:
- Possess MLS (Library & Information Science) from a recognized Institution, plus at least 19 years cognate experience in Polytechnic Library, ten (10) of which must be at the Library management position.
- Be a registered member of a recognized relevant professional body i.e. Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Have occupied the position of a Chief Librarian in an Institution of Higher Learning preferably in a Polytechnic.
- Must not be more than 60 years of age at the time he/she assumes duty.
- Produce evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals.
Terms of Appointment
The successful candidates shall hold the office for a single tenure of five (5) years and no more in line with the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Act, 2019. The salary and other conditions of service are as approved by the National Salaries and Wages Commission.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies of their Applications including photocopies of their Certificates and Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Number and Dates of birth of children
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail Address(es) and Phone Number(s)
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Qualifications obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations
- Professional qualifications with Dates
- Records of Employment(s) and Positions held
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees.
The applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes, labeled “Application for the Post of Rector”, to:
P.M.B. 2021, Tudun Wada,
Main Campus, Kaduna,
- Candidates should also request their referees to send confidential reports on them in sealed envelopes labeled “Confidential Report” to the address above.
- Candidates will be required to produce Originals of their Certificates and other Credentials at the interview.
- Applicants are to note that any application received either through mails or personal delivery, after the deadline would not be entertained.