BA Gladiators Limited specialises in talent acquisition, skill-set training and career guidance with core objectives to: Foster a more competitive job market in Nigeria, Assure employers assets to their companies through recruiting and training the best candidates ensuring they are ready for the job roles and Ensure improved customer service skills, a more effective sales process and other performance improvement strategies through our customized training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Preschool Administrator
Location: Apo, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- To provide efficient administrative support to the day care Management.
- The Preschool Administrator is expected to work in partnership with parents / carers and families and must always be approachable and able to communicate effectively.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Be a member of the Preschool staff team and contribute significantly to the plan of continuous improvement for the preschool and its services.
- Take an active role in the strategic planning of the preschool under the guidance and leadership of the preschool manager.
- Be accountable for support services in conjunction with the preschool’s policies and procedures, which may include, but not be restricted to: Finance, Premises, Personnel, Administration, Legal, Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Communication, Admissions.
- Ensure that all support services, structures and systems within the preschool meet current legislation and preschool policies.
- Ensure the preschool’s support services, systems and structures work effectively and efficiently on a day-to-day basis
- Provide support to the Manager in the development of policies and strategic plans, ensuring that the objectives and priorities are implemented and reviewed systematically.
- Provide support to the Manager in developing new initiatives, managing change and maintaining an oversight of the support services provided to the preschool.
- Collate, analyse and present information to the Manager on performance, offering solutions and options as to how performance can be improved.
- Liaise with the Management as required providing finance reports, HR information, governance issues and premises information.
- Attend Staff & Management meetings as required. Attend meetings outside of the preschool, as required, always acting as an ambassador for the preschool
- Ensure accurate financial records of income, expenditure and variance to budget are kept.
- Manage and update records of forecasted income for the current financial year, based on current child headcount and confirmed new starters.
- Work closely with Management to prepare an annual budget, reviewing and updating on a termly basis.
- Manage fee invoicing and payments in line with policies
- Ensure any debts to the preschool are kept to an absolute minimum and rigorously addressed.
- Ensure that invoices and staff expense claims are approved and paid in accordance with the relevant policies.
- Ensure all contracted services, when in operation, provide a high-quality service and value for money.
Compliance & Governance:
- Create and amend policies to ensure they are kept up to date, and to ensure that the policies are reviewed in line with the annual schedule.
Staffing & Payroll:
- Assist with recruitment, placing job adverts, compiling and sending out application packs etc.
- Ensure that all newly appointed staff receive a contract of employment and job description within the statutory period.
- Maintain oversight of all personnel records including employment contracts and job descriptions, ensuring accurate records of changes to staff hours and pay rates are kept.
- Manage incoming and outgoing emails, phone calls and all other communication mediums available.
- Provide effective confidential administrative support to the Management as required.
- Act as the first point of contact for parent queries and ensure that all relevant information passed to staff.
- Act as ‘liaison’ for the preschool for all parent communications such as trips, events, notices, changes in policy etc and assist with communications such as the Newsletter as required.
- Manage and update the child headcount spreadsheet with new starters, session changes and termly reenrolments.
- Maintain all records and data held by the preschool on children and their families, to ensure it is accurate, up to date and appropriate.
- Produce an annual parent questionnaire and compile results.
- Ensure the Preschool website & Facebook Page is accurate, appropriate and up to date.
- Prepare registers, late collection forms and any other paperwork as required by the preschool.
- Prepare an analysis of incident, accidents, and attendance as required.
- Actively market and promote the preschool to ensure that vacant places are filled, and its services are marketed and advertised.
- Update and maintain the Prospectus, Application & Registration Forms, Terms & Conditions and New Starter Information Pack, ensuring these are sent to families in a timely fashion.
- Manage the preschool admissions process including the arrangement of preschool visits and responding to parent enquiries.
- Add new child records to the relevant databases and mailing lists following receipt of the registration form.
Resources, Equipment & Technology:
- Ensure IT hardware, software and telephone systems support the efficient running of the preschool.
- Monitor and replenish resources and equipment as required using pre-approved channels.
- Ensure software systems used to monitor and record child development are kept up to date in line with Policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND / OND qualification with a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- This role requires a person who is soft spoken, kind, friendly, cheerful and is always able to build a good rapport with people. You must be a peoples person who is very good with words and enjoys interacting with people and helping people.
- An honest and reliable person would be the ideal candidate for this position. Someone who is patient and is able to remain calm under pressure. You must be able to work with others, be flexible and open to change, able to take corrections with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A perosn who is able to adapt to people with different personalities, a very good listener with an all round positive personality.
- The ideal candidate must be computer literate and is also able to use social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.
- This is a great opportunity if you enjoy customer facing roles and love working around children. It is a good opportunity to gain hands-on office experince and would be an exciting role for someone seeking a rewarding career.
Deadline: 23rd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their well-written CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.