The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
- The Project Director will lead on the design and implementation of the project and provide technical advisory on programming and financing model/mechanism that are appropriate to support vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Lead on the delivery of the project design that is tailored to the Education program
- Ensures the highest possible quality of delivery
- Participate in all internal and external (coordination) meetings representing the project;
- Establish communication and coordination mechanisms with various stakeholders;
- Prepare inception reports, work plans and regular donor progress and impact reports.
- Ensure the achievement of outputs in line with the approved work plan.
- Oversight of overall program implementation progress; identification, resolution and/or escalation of issues;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Administrator of Grants and Contracts.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) preferably in Social Sciences with 5 years’ experience and or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences with a minimum of seven years’ project management experience.
- Experience teaching in primary schools/managing schools. HoD at primary school is an advantage
- Experience working with SUBEB at state and LGA highly recommended
- High level skill in report writing is a requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in development on Education project.
- Experience in managing education projects preferred
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications with ease.
- Ability to project a positive image of the university at all times.
- Ability to run different projects and tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Possess very good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AUN salary scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng
Application Deadline 9th September, 2021.