Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of microfinance companies in at least 15 countries that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Supervisor: Reporting to the Head of Recovery unit / Assistant Head of Recovery Unit
- Conduct regular review and visits to client with outstanding loan portfolio at risk.
- Daily review of all the outstanding and overdue loan clients.
- Make regular reports and suggestions to the bank on actions required to protect its fund from bad loan clients.
- Recovery of classified loans.
- Initiates process to prosecute hard core debtors in line with guiding bank policy,
- Negiotes work out plan with willing debtors.
- Liaise with branches to manage and monitor non – performing loans.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Fluent in English and Hausa or Yoruba (spoken and written)
- 1 – 3 Years of experience in Recovery in a Microfinance Institution
- Strong negotiation
- Articulate and result oriented
- High level of integrity
- Accurate, organised and motivated
- Previous loan recovery experience.
Deadline: 10th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail (e.g Recovery Officer- Ajah).