Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety and Security Manager
Job Number: HOT07Q67
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Curio Collection by Hilton
Shift: Day Job
Job Level: Head of Department
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
- A Safety and Security Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of security for assigned hotels to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience while assisting in investigations and liaising with local enforcement officials when necessary and managing overall safety and risk management processes for assigned hotels to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience.
What will I be doing?
- As a Safety and Security, you are responsible for managing all aspects of security, safety and risk management processes for assigned hotels to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience.
- A Security and Safety Manager will also be required to carry out full investigations and audit the hotel to ensure health and safety compliance. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage the internal and external guest accident/incident records by applying standard legal practices where necessary
- Guide the investigative process relative to criminal activities at the Property Level
- Manage health and safety, food safety, fire safety, security, trading standards, public health, housing, and disability within allocated hotels
- Assist in investigations at the hotel level and provide advice for the protection of the company’s owned and managed assets
- Liaise with local enforcement officials on statutory routine inspections and accident investigation
- Analyze statistical accident data to allocate resources for high-risk areas at hotels
- Provide support to operations, statutory specialist training, supplier approval and crisis management
- Manage overall safety, fire safety, security
- Implement safety risk management practices in line with the company’s safety policy
- Actively reduce guest complaints relating to safety and fire safety
- Audit the hotel to confirm Health and Safety/Food Hygiene compliance
- Train Safety issues to managers, supervisors and colleagues
Requirements / Qualifications
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- University Degree in Security and Safety or related course
- Fire Safety Management/Risk Assessment
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Previous experience with Hilton Security and Safety standards
What are we looking for?
- A Safety and Security Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Five (5) or more years in Security or related experience required within the hospitality industry
- Effective time management skills
- Supervisory skills
- Positive attitude
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Ability to deal effectively with all team members and guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information
- Experience in Safety and Security Management
- Fire Safety Management/Risk Assessment
- Ability to make decisions independently, complete in-depth investigations and act as an expert in Safety and Security within the hotels
- Communicate with team members to assist in their personal development through identification of individual training needs, development or support
- Participate in necessary training and request training to meet development needs
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing in order to ascertain and document important information
- Thorough knowledge of the hotel’s floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms and working knowledge of the city and surrounding area
- Ability to use a variety of programs on the computer in order to prepare correspondence, produce reports and presentations and communicate via email
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for an eight-plus hour shift
- Visual ability to observe team members in the workplace, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to both team member and guest behaviours
- High school graduate or equivalent.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels.
- For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value.
- Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands.
- Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all.
- Housing, Transport, Additional benefits as per company policy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online