ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Team Lead
Location: Badagry, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in the preferred location and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle i.e., sell, fulfil, maintain and recover.
- The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables & Activities
- Develop and implement the sales operational strategies within allocated area, as well as align with the area sales target.
- Organizing sales activities and functions in the field to achieve targets, revenue and desired quality sales.
- Managing installation technicians and maintenance technicians
- Training and coaching of sales agents on topics including pitching, sales conversation, closing and building strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
Deliverables and Activities:
- On time high-quality system installations at the customers premises or any other location as directed by ENGIE Energy Access.
- Coordinate installation technicians and maintenance technicians to ensure systems are installed and maintained,
- Support recruitment of new installation and maintenance technicians in the sales area.
- Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the State Sales Manager.
- Review control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform finance department about deductions.
- Repossessions are aligned and coordinated with the customer finance department.
- Identify the needs for and recruit new contractors with support from service network team leader.
- Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians.
- Stock takings
- Stock audit report
- Providing regular portfolio & compliance reports to State Sales Manager and credit control team
- Managing the daily work and activities of area administrator according prioritization policy on workout activities.
- Deal with complex scenarios (customer not found, fire, violence etc.)
- Assessing internal and external cause for portfolio deteriorations
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff and training of existing staff
- Monitor and review KPIs + provide feedback area administrator
- Conduct periodic performance review of area administrator.
- Mentoring each Sales Agents, installation technician, maintenance technician, dual contractor and area admin to enhance operational performance, motivation and engagement.
- Educating Sales agents, dual contractors, area administrator, installation technicians, maintenance technicians and in applicable policies, guidelines provided by State Sales Manager and credit departmental standards.
- Support conducting quarterly inventory audits for all service centers.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc. Degree or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years working in a role within a progressive sales and/or financial services
- Previous experience in a managerial position is an added advantage
- Ability and passion for coaching and training.
- Strong ability in planning and organization.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with customer focus
- Computer literate, team player and dynamic self-starter.
- Willing to travel/assign in any geographic area in Nigeria
- Resident in the preferred location or willing to relocate there
- Fluent in English.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or . Our differences are our strengths!