CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire analytical, results-driven Senior Back-end Software Engineer(s) who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
- The Senior Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- To succeed as a Senior Backend Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive systems to enhance the user experience.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Work alongside our world-class engineering team to build & maintain our Fintech backend
- Own technical design & development of key security features
- Contribute to other parts of our codebase
- Design, build and deploy the architecture of our product
- Actively shape our early technology and company culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
- Relevant training & certifications.
- 6 – 8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Fintech is compulsory.
- Experience in a Crypto company is an added advantage.
- Extensive years of software development experience in the FinTech and/or Crypto space
- Proficiency with PHP(Laravel), Node.js and/or Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of Blockchain technology
- Solid understanding of SQL and database schema design.
- Experience scaling distributed message-based or module-as-a-service systems.
- Experience driving complex, cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online