Kwik Delivery – We are a new start-up platform company in the logistics market in Nigeria committed to offering reliable and secure parcel shipping services within large metropolitan areas. Operations started in Lagos in Q2 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Specialist
Job type: Full-time
Who You Are
- You are a strategic, process-oriented, planner, thorough at execution, with the ability to run the daily function of the Human Resource department, these includes; hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits and enforcing company policies and practices.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves, join a passionate team, and build a business at light speed while tackling the large Nigerian parcel shipping market.
What You’ll Do
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Creates and implements effective onboarding plans, develop training and development programs and assist in performance management processes.
- Conducts background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including compensation & benefits; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Resolves issues between management and employees.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure.
What You’ll Bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Psychology, or another relevant field.
- CIPM certifications or relevant post graduate education is an added advantage
- 8+ years of experience in a structured organization
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, engagement, training & development)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Excellent communication skills and natural leader
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible in a constantly-changing work environment
Life at Kwik
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs
- Competitive salary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online