Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHOPS Plus Nigeria – Social and Behavior Change Activity Analysis / Strategic Health Information Consultant
Job Identification: 100728
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Schedule: Part-time
- Abt Associates Inc.’s Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project, under its Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is soliciting proposals from Nigerian individuals to undertake the tasks and produce the deliverables outlined below. The anticipated period of performance is September 2021 – October 30, 2021.
- SHOPS Plus Nigeria is tasked with increasing tuberculosis (TB) case detection, diagnosis, and enrollment in treatment through the private sector.
- To this end, SHOPS Plus Nigeria has created integrated private sector networks in 16 states that include Proprietary Patent Medicine Vendors (PPMVs), community pharmacists, standalone laboratories, and private clinical facilities. All members of the network are encouraged to conduct routine TB screening, take sputum samples from presumptive TB patients, and refer presumptive TB patients to a health facility in the network.
- Support SBC activities as needed including analysis of field data for end-of-activity documentation, collating outreach sample test results, documentation, and analysis of SBC activity results on a state-by-state basis, preparing minutes for SBC-related meetings and following up with staff members for action items.
- Contribute to communication, advocacy and knowledge management tasks including documentation and reporting on SHI and SBC-related topics and activities.
- Provide SBC data analysis for Lagos, Kano, and expansion states that are conducting SBC activities.
- Weekly collation and analysis of all expansion states outreach MOVs for input into SBC data port and program review use.
- Run geospatial analysis process required to facilitate hotspot selection for the project community case-finding activities in all project states.
- Maintain the backend of the geospatial analysis database and provide weekly updates on reviewed hotspot sites for hotspot selection decision-making for all the project sites.
- Develop data visualizations for reporting to USAID and partners and to drive and inform program activities and streamline actions required by private providers and program officers for the efficient functioning of the TB networks of private providers.
- Ensure the program’s information technology is strategically and cost-effectively applied to the program’s needs for data reporting to the National and State TB programs and USAID.
- Support research, learning, monitoring, and evaluation activities in the 16 program state to ensure the program is collecting and using data to inform programmatic decisions to ensure cost-effectiveness and high functioning of the networks.
- Develop data visualizations for quarterly and end-of-activity reporting and for the production of infographics, facts sheets, and other publications, as needed.
- Community Mobilization Reporting forms for all conducted outreaches
- Minutes of SBC-related meetings
- SBC data analyzed and delivered to the Senior Private Sector Advisor
- Weekly data visualizations produced for USAID and partner meetings
- Graphs and maps displaying service delivery data from the SHOPS Plus networks created for the quarterly and final reports to USAID.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree or recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional space related to Health Informatics, Data Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation, and Social Sciences
Demonstrated ability to:
- Work with a dynamic team and accept inputs of other team members
- Work with minimum direction and supervision
- Communicate information to stakeholders at all levels using a wide variety of communication approaches; and
- Work with teams to generate results within a short period
- Well-developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Fluency in English and Pidgin.
Timeframe and Level of Effort
- The consultant will conduct the above-mentioned tasks as needed to complete the specific tasks and deliverables.
- The period of engagement will be from September to October 2021.
Deadline: 21st September, 2021, 20:49 pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online