Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then. At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation. Role Model School comprises of a Crèche, Playgroup, Reception, Nursery and Primary classes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Special Need Educator
Location: Oregun-Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Special Need Educator is responsible for creating a flexible program and learning environment that provides specialized instruction for pupils with physical, emotional, mental, and learning disabilities, such that the pupils benefit from the general education curriculum to the greatest extent possible.
- Set learning goals for each pupil, assess their progress, and record their evaluations. Then update parents on the progress of their pupils and enlist parental support with behavior control and home activities designed to supplement their classroom lessons.
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to pupils in a positive environment.
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Instruct pupils in academic subjects using a variety of techniques such as phonetics, multi-sensory learning, and repetition to reinforce learning and to meet pupils’ varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides pupils with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour and procedures for maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all pupils.
- Meet with parents to discuss their children’s progress and to determine priorities for their children and their individualized educational needs.
- Confer with parents, school management, classroom teacher, testing specialists and other professionals to develop individualized education programs (IEPs) designed to promote pupils’ educational, physical, and social/emotional development.
- Maintain accurate and complete pupil records and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to pupils.
- Develop plans for effective communication, monitoring, and follow-up of pupils in inclusive classroom settings.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed, for pupils and those in inclusive classrooms.
- Assist in collection of data for providing appropriate classroom interventions.
- Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities.
- Perform related work as required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- A PGDE /Masters in Education and a background in Montessori education will be an added advantage
- Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) certificate
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a good school.
- Proven experience as aPreschool Teacher
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
Deadline: 20th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.