Josepdam Port Services (JPS) is one of the leading terminals in Nigeria. with three berths totaling 484 meters In length, Josepdam Port Services is the terminal operator of Tincan terminal A, that was successful In 2006 to gain the concession agreement with Nigerian Ports Authority. JPS has put in a new investment development plan that will see more than USD $50 million injected into the terminal to improve the services delivered.
At JPS, we operate e-banking system of payment to ease banking transactions and smooth operations. Over the years, we have evolved to paperless means of operation referred to as TaIly Green, by applying state-of-the-art technology from the arrival at cargo to final dispatch. We are ISO 9001:2015 Certified.
We are recruiting a diligent and experienced hand to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tally Clerk
- The successful candidates will be solely responsible for examining, counting and recording both incoming and outing cargoes from the terminal and also calculating the storage, damage, shipping and receiving fees.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of OND / N.C.E in Statistics / Accounting / Business / Management Studies preferably or a similar discipline
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in Cargo Tally Operations or any other relevant similar role.
- Physically fit, energetic to lift, stretch or stand for long and no phobia for height.
- Detail oriented with sound mathematical / numerical aptitude to process large numbers of daily cargoes.
- Basic knowledge of port operations, understanding pail safety regulations and procedures.
- Understand commonly used hand signs to communicate without radio system
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Proficient in MS excel and MS words.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team.
Deadline: 8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in PDF Format, as an attachment to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.