Egbin Power Plc. is West Africa’s largest power generation station with an installed capacity of 1,320 MW consisting of 6 Units of 220MW each. One of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Our future aim is to lead the movement to ‘Light up Nigeria’ and the wider sub-Saharan African region. Egbin is located at the heart of a small town called Egbin in Ikorodu Local Government Area of Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury and Tax Manager
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- To manage liquidity and cash flow ensuring business needs are met in a cost-effective and prudent manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee funds requests, transfers and payment processing, and relationship management.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realization of operational and corporate objectives.
- Ensure judicious management of the organization’s liquidity to meet all likely contingencies within established risk limits.
- Oversee the preparation of cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet daily operational requirements.
- Establish processes and frameworks for managing liquidity and risk.
- Implement liquidity, risk management processes and frameworks
- Develop and implement strategies to meet short, medium, and long-term financing needs ensuring alignment with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the validation of all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid supporting documents in line with the organization’s financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Recommend strategies for raising necessary funds to facilitate the realization of Egbin’s operational and corporate objectives.
- Coordinate all foreign exchange dealings for Egbin Power plc.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Oversee all bank guarantees, letters of credit, other instruments of payment with the bank and vendors
- Ensure the preparation, rendition of tax returns, and retention of all relevant tax records
- Ensure accurate computation and accounting for taxes ensure prompt settlement of liabilities
- Compute accurately, file all federal, state, local, sales, and other tax returns including relevant reports to ensure compliance with all tax laws and regulations
- Work with the cash management officer to ensure cheques for tax payments are promptly issued
- Oversee the tax payments at designated banks and obtain necessary receipts and other documents required for tax filing
- Extract, collate and document relevant supports and proof of remittances for tax investigation
- Seek innovative ways for the business to benefit from tax relief and other similar advantages
- Assist with all tax-related research, interpretation of tax legislation and provisions
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Head, Treasury & Tax on the implications for the business.
- Prepare the unit’s budget inputs and contribute to the preparation of the budget firm-wide.
- Design and develop a unit plan that details how the unit will deliver on organizational requirements
- Prepare periodic reports for the attention of the Head, Treasury & Tax.
Education & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related discipline.
- A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Professional certification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, etc. is compulsory.
- 10 – 15 years relevant experience with at least five (5) years in a managerial role
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the power industry.
- In-depth knowledge of trends, developments in global accounting and finance practice.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including the understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Working knowledge of the Multi-Year Tariff Order, cost assumptions, returns on investments, etc.
- Good sound business acumen, financial and commercial knowledge.
- Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and associated regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills, including the ability to manage multiple/ complex teams effectively.
- Excellent negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
Deadline: 21st September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.