The National Essay Competition (NEC) is part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting literacy and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst senior secondary school students in Nigeria and across the African continent.
Applications are invited for:
Title: United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Foundation Essay Competition 2021 (Topic: What is the Role of Technology in Educating the African Youth?)
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Must be in senior secondary school
- Must submit a hand written essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or Passport.
- 1st prize winner: N3,000,000 in education grant to any African University
- 2nd prize winner: N2,500,000 in education grant to any African University
- 3rd prize winner: N2,000,000 in education grant to any African University.
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second superior essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists.
Deadline: 29th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All incomplete and / or duplicate entries will be disqualified.