Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder Engineer (Welding Horizontal and Vertical Tank)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Engineers assist in fabricating, repairing, and modifying various tanks, including material containers and tanks for fluid or ground storage, by welding and completing other processes associated with welding such as grinding, buffing, and chipping.
- Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications.
- Welds metal parts together, using both gas [Welder, Gas ] or brazing [Brazer, Assembler ] any combination of arc processes [Welder, Arc ].
- Performs related tasks, like thermal cutting grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts fill holes, and increases the size of metal parts.
- May locate and repair cracks in industrial engine cylinder heads, using inspection equipment gas torch, and be designated Repairer, Cylinder Heads.
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- SMAW – flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions
- FCAW gas-shielded and self-shielded wire – flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
- Oxy/acetylene or oxy/propylene torch work.
Academic and Professional Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification in Trade test.
- 2 to 5 years of a similar experience of progressive responsibility.
- Experience with discipline-specific industry standards (API, ASME, AWWA, NACE, ACI, etc.)
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proven experience as a welder.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA, etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail.
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required.
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus.
Deadline: Friday, 17th September, 2021 at 3 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Any application received after the closing date will be automatically rejected.