Hotel Capitol is a modern and contemporary hotel that offers not only luxury but comfort at its best. The three-star hotel is strategically located at the heart of Omole Phase 1, making it easily assessable with excellent road networks to other parts of the mainland and the city of Lagos as a whole. The 28-room Hotel offers tastefully furnished deluxe executive and super executive rooms as well as one- and two-bedroom luxury suites.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Ojodu, Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes.
- Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
- Prepare financial statements and debtors’ lists.
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
- Reviewing all ledger details – guest ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Oversee the activities of all the Cashiers and cross checking their various books of transaction daily
- Review postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Keep track of debtors and creditors accounts
- Forecast cash payments and anticipate challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Ensure that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
- Maintain files of all contracts, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Maintain and transfer money between bank accounts as required.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance of the hotel. Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensuring that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- Effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures when necessary.
- Assist proactively with cost control requirements.
- Assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations.
- Monitor and improve hotels operation costs, profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensure profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Guide account department staff by on their various assigned duties/activities
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Any other duty that might be assigned by management from time
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with at least 1 years work experience.
Deadline: 22nd November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.