Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Nigeria, Ekaterra Tea Business
Job ID: R-24267
Location: Lagos, Lagos
- Unilever is proud of its tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential and renamed it to ekaterra to facilitate its separation to a standalone entity. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
- Unilever is reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. Unilever will retain the tea businesses in India, Nepal and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures.
- Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 13 production factories in 4 continents and tea growing estates in 3 countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
- Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business and its people.
- At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
- Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
The qualities we look for in you
- ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse.
- To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions.
- We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What’s in it for you?
- We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow.
- We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a ‘corporate start-up’ approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
- Turning data into insights and actions
- Leading Projects & Activity Requests
- Crafting strong, purposeful Brands
- Landing integrated brand plans in-year
- Developing multi-year Integrated Brand Plans, aligned to the category strategy and growth priorities.
- Effectively managing the Brand’s budget, to achieve zero BMI forecast bias, on a monthly basis.
Your Key Tasks
- Lead certain Activity Requests / Projects (tbc by Marketing Manager) e.g. variant extensions, new pack size introductions
- Leading with a LEAN mindset, utilising MVP approaches to NPD
- Leading Project Team meetings with relevant teams within the project team
- Developing inspiring, relevant communication and integrated brand plans.
Data Reporting and Data into Action:
- Weekly DataOrbis (or equivalent) reporting monthly share deep dives & commentary, and action plans
- Core of The Core tracking
- Sales & Operations Planning preparation: using available data to make recommendations at a SKU level feeding into BUILD, LOCK meetings.
In Market Activation:
- Develop shopper facing activities with Shopper marketing team
- Develop and lead consumer facing activations.
- Monthly budget phasing, tracking and management
- Integrated Brand Planning
- Manage and Lead the Full IBP process for Brand including but not limited to:
- Issue and opportunity analysis for brand’s IBP process
- Crafting the J2BD and sizing the opportunities
- Developing and leading brand lead digital activities aligned to the category and divisional digital & data strategy
- Supporting the Brand Manager in driving Tea based digital activities
- Full ownership of the Brand (s) P&L in-year and rolling 24 month FC, including pricing decisions
- Leadership of brand-wise NRM & 5S activities to achieve the brand and category growth and profitability agenda
- Leadership of the Brand-wise Purpose agenda, including defining, validating and executing Brand SAY and Brand DO plans
- Reconciling and managing media budgeting and planning to achieve media objectives, support the brand and category media strategy.
Stakeholder Management and Key Interfaces:
- Customer Development, Shopper Marketing, Supply Chain, Consumer Market Insights, Research & Development, Digital teams, PDC, and Factory Team
- Finance Business Partners & Global and Local teams where relevant
Requirements / Skills and Experience
- Relevant Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of Marketing work experience
- Strong numerical bias
- Demonstrable P&L understanding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including (but not limited to) Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Power BI, Teams.
Who we are looking for:
- Strong levels of growth mindset – a winning, competitive mindset
- Bias for actions and drive – willingness to get things done
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Consumer and customer focus – curiosity, ability to uncover relevant insights and translate these into actionable plans
- Rigour and order – ability to identify important issues and works through complex problems in an accurate and in-depth.
- Data driven
- Passion for all things digital
- Continuously curious
- Inspires the energy to win and grow.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online