The Olive Prime Psychological Services (TOPs), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and we understand that life can go beyond what we can bear, triggering a need to be supported and understood, therefore, we are committed to supporting service users (which refers to clients or patients) to experience a more realistic, flexible and full recovery, even as it concerns addictions and mental illnesses.
TOPs runs an individual-need-specific programme where service users are exposed to a variety of therapeutic and psycho-social related groups designed to support, inform and stimulate in order to achieve optimal psychological functioning decked with a flexible pathway towards full recovery by providing hours, days and weeks of structured support.
Our treatment approach is multidisciplinary delivered in a safe and comfortable environment alongside experienced staff and other partner organizations that provide some specialist services and combines a range of therapy groups including individual therapy, group therapy, 12-step mutual support group, specialized sessions and family therapy. We also offer complementary services like Arts and Craft groups, Recreational Therapies, Vocational Support, Drama therapy, Entrepreneurship, and Information and Technology programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer / Psychologist
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The candidate is a graduate of psychology who understands the nitty-gritty of mental health and have a passion for the business around it.
- The candidate is expected to drive for opportunities to put the organization on the lips of the general public and make conversion of prospects to business opportunities.
- Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them into clients.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth with a bid to grow business.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists to develop business channels
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions
- Engage prospective clients intelligently to help them decide on using our services.
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Have an understanding of the Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Join in providing therapy to groups and individuals
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectic behavioural therapy, talk therapy, person-centred therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plans.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on a review of client information
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans
- Refer patients, clients or family members to specialists at our facilities
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Join in providing structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintain contact with other social services agencies
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow-up and management.
Requirements and Experience
- A minimum of a BSc Degree in Psychology or Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology or related course
- 1-3 years Clinical and or Business development experience
- Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Stress tolerance
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to convince a potential client, corporate and or private, to use our services.
- Social media engagement strategies
- Event management
- Corporate communication
- Ability to develop and convert business opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Ability to generate relevant partnership proposals with support from the clinical team
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- N75,000 – N100,000 monthly.
Deadline: 20th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.