Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel – “Some say you can’t put a price on comfort.” ibis hotels prove the contrary by offering their guests well-being at the best price. Fully-equipped rooms, innovative bedding and 24-hour reception services. Welcome to the world’s leading economy hotel brand.
Ibis is a brand of economy hotels focused on evolutive design with simple and flexible furniture and owned by Accor. Created in 1974, Ibis became Accor’s economy megabrand in 2011 with the launch of Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget. Ibis manages 1174 hotels in 67 countries (2018).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Location: Ajao Estate, Lagos
- Helps provide smooth running services and a high standard of production by managing his/her section
- Works autonomously to produce dishes in compliance with cooking instructions
- Supervises the commis chefs’ work
- Attends meetings and briefings for kitchen staff
- Maintains good working relationships with the other hotel departments
- Informs and listens to, consults and involves the team in the life of the hotel and network, allocating responsibility as appropriate
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
- Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
- Applies the hotel’s security regulations (in case of fire etc)
- Contributes globally to guest satisfaction through the quality of his/her work and exemplary behavior
- Adopts appropriate All Seasons service-oriented behaviors and attitudes, focusing on the brand’s guiding principles of Simplicity, Quality, Sociability & Interactivity
- Leads the team under his/her responsibility and creates a good working atmosphere
- Organises and supervises the work carried out by commis chefs and apprentices operating in his/her section
- Informs the team about cost optimisation and the reduction of raw material wastage; tracks implementation
- Trains commis chefs, apprentices and interns to a high standard
- Respects the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Vocational Certificate or Diploma in Catering & Hotel Management or similar field
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in similar role
- Team leader
- Attention to detail and quality
- A thorough and organised approach to work
- Excellent personal hygiene
- Attractive Salary: Our goal is to acknowledge our employees’ skills and performance, while at the same time respecting the principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
- Regular Support: Meeting in a calm setting, conducting an appraisal, and setting targets is a valuable process, both for managers and employees. Several meetings or discussions are held throughout the year to facilitate dialogue and motivate teams.
- Wellness for all: With operations over 63 countries, we strive to ensure the well-being, health, and safety of all our teams. Accor is extremely attentive to its employees and their loved ones.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.