Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
Functional Area: Manufacturing & Technical Services (MATS)
Reporting to: GM-Engineering
- A career in Olam is not just about progressing through a hierarchy. It is about growing through rich and diverse experiences, developing your skills in challenging roles and participating in initiatives to build new capabilities. We are relentlessly entrepreneurial, seeking out opportunities and rewarding intelligent risk-taking. Our passionate, energetic and diverse team works together to achieve something significant and meaningful.
- To organize and control all aspects of the maintenance function of process, utilities & plant infrastructures to the required company standards. The incumbent would be responsible for the plant maintenance including Facility & Poultry feed mills belonging to Animal feed business.
- Set up & run preventive maintenance program for both mills & ensure its effectiveness through adherence checks against schedule to maximize equipment availability
- Ensure breakdowns are duly attended & RCA & CAPA is carried out to prevent re-occurrence
- Drive team capabilities to achieve the maintenance targets through structured problem solving, improvement interventions etc.
- Ensure team is trained & maintained on the EHS standards for all the jobs & processes
- Ensure team follows correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory
- Ensure an effective Engineering spare management through Safety stock reviews & proactive ordering on time
- Regular site inspection and maintaining a training calendar for the team to improve the overall technical capabilities
- Cost-effectively manage external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cost-effective yet quality service
- Coordinate with direct reports to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays etc)
- Review maintenance performance through daily, weekly & monthly meetings with team members & relevant stake holders
- Drive team engagement through team building practices, case studies & informal gatherings
- Maintain a Statutory calendar covering all the Statutory inspections for the Plant covering Utilities & Infra
- Review Repair & maintenance expenses & devise strategies to manage the actual costs against the allotted budget
- Initiate ideation process within the team to generate value addition projects on reliability, process, efficiency & safety improvements & make plans for implementation
- Execute minor & major Capex projects for the plant as per the agreed timelines & budget
- Maintain good report & interpersonal connect with all peers & senior stake holders in the business for effective management of the department
- Bachelors’ Degree in Nechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- QEHS or GMP / HACCP related certification courses and training will be an added advantage.
- 12-15 years of experience in handling plant maintenance, utilities and projects. Minimum 3 years leadership role in Engineering Management is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online