Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: City Head
Locations: Abuja, Oyo – Ibadan, Port Harcourt – Rivers and Ogun
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The City Head will be responsible for defining, prioritizing and executing sustainable solutions for user and merchant growth for Gokada business in your location.
- As the Compliance Manager, you would report to the CEO and will be tasked with everything from building and leading a layered sales, operations and marketing team – formulating targets, priorities, incentive plans, driving recruitment, training and mentoring team members and building best practices replicable across cities and regions
Your typical day as a City Head will look like this:
- Defining the strategy and executing it on the ground for one of our high potential & core focus markets.
- Leading a team of smart and passionate people towards building Gokada for the city
- Owning and leading end to end city business and P&L for Gokada business Planning, strategizing, and executing operations to meet and exceed targets.
- Owning a full stack of roles from Supply, Logistics, Product experience, Localised marketing and User growth.
- Working closely with the central services team and solving for long and short term issues with sustainable solutions
- Sustaining and growing revenue by new merchant acquisitions and retention
Must Have Skills and Experience:
To accomplish this we are looking for leaders who:
- Enjoy solving complex problems through analytical excellence and commercial acumen
- Has strong people skills with experience in managing and leading layered teams and budgets
- Proven track record of achieving targets – including planning, team management and execution of plans to achieve the desired business goals
- Possesses strong work ethic, willingness to get hands dirty and get stuff done
- Have good business judgment, strong prioritization skills, an unwavering focus, and the ability to multitask while working in a highly charged environment
- Have an aptitude for problem solving and ability for astute decision making.
- Have motivational and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Should have 3+ years of experience with substantial experience in driving numbers, business development, account management and exposure to operations and marketing
- Previous startup experience would be an added advantage.
- 1000+ daily completed orders in 45 days from joining
- 10% WoW growth
- Positive KPI for staff, riders and customers
- 40%+ customer retention on GSend and 30%+ on GFood
- Reach +EBITDA in 3 months
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online