Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering the lives of people through technology
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- In this role, you will be accountable for engineering solutions, deployment & security strategies.
- You will be working with cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes, containerization, Helm, Git Ops, and Cloud infrastructure.
- You are expected to use standard reference architecture to arrive at pipelines for cloud infrastructure, continuous integrations and continuous delivery/deployment.
- As the DevOps Engineer, you would report directly to the Head of, Engineering and you are expected to use standard reference architecture to arrive at pipelines for cloud infrastructure, continuous integrations and continuous delivery/deployment.
- Developing reusable Infrastructure code and testing frameworks for Infrastructure
- Developing tools and frameworks to allow engineers to provision infrastructure and manage access controls
- Design and develop solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations
- Design a centralized logging and metrics platform that can handle the s scale
- Taking on new infrastructure requirements and developing infrastructure as code.
- Working with Applications teams to help them onboard container platform
- Scaling the platform to handle millions of requests concurrently
- Drive solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery(MTTR), enable High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Must Have Skills and Experiences
- Strong Systems, Linux, OpenSource, Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps fundamentals.
- At least 2 to 5 years of in-depth and hands-on professional experience in the DevOps/Infrastructure Engineering domain.
- Designing and implementing highly efficient solutions on Pubic Cloud (Amazon Web Services) for security, resilience, performance, networking, availability, Blue-green deployments in the context of business applications.
- Security Hardening of cloud infrastructure application/web server against known/unknown vulnerabilities. Understands compliance and security.
- Deliver best in class operations tooling & practices, including CI/CD. Must have an in-depth understanding of SDLC.
- Writing infrastructure as code for public or private clouds and implement modern cloud Integration architecture using Configuration and Infra Management (Chef/Puppet/Ansible and Terraform), CI tools (Any), Scripting language: Python, Shell, Go (proficient in anyone), Container services like Docker, Kubernetes, EKS/GKE etc.
- Designing and implementing end to end monitoring solutions in the cloud.
- Strong experience with AWS services like Kinesis, Lambda, EC2, Fargate, RDS, DocumentDB/Mon
- AWS certificate is desirable
- Microservice architecture
- Version management
- Dependency Management
- Deploy & Release
- Monitoring management.
- Hands-on working experience in monitoring B2B or B2C websites (eCommerce, real estate, etc.) and make recommendations to stabilize or improve the applications.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the engineering & product management team to identify and resolve issues
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile software development methodology.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online