GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people better, those affected by disaster or crisis. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 100,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services. GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
employment type: Full Time
- The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that GPON’s human resource management strategy and functions are carried out effectively in a compliant way.
- The HRC will lead the Human Resources function and providing overall advice, coordination, and technical Human Resources support and oversight to GPON NE Nigeria offices.
- The role contributes to the development of regional HR strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
General HR Support:
- Provide expert advice and support to set strategies and assure operational quality and compliance.
- Advice and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns.
- Coordinate GPON Dynamics implementation in the NE
- Promote and lead the digitization of HR data.
- Contribute and support the change initiatives.
Recruitment, development, and people planning:
- Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance as per the recruitment engagement matrix.
- Ensure proper onboarding process for staff and support with the onboarding process
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations within the region.
- Support staff development activities by developing a GPON Learning catalog.
- Work with the senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives.
Performance, Well-being, and Compensations & Benefits:
- Respond to and manage performance counseling, employee grievances, and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept.
- Support the performance management process.
- Ensure disciplinary procedures are administered equitably and fairly and meet all legal and labour regulations and requirements.
- Support people’s well-being initiatives.
- Provide oversight and technical guidance to the salary review process
- Ensure salary review process and compensation adjustments are done on time
Human Resources Policies and Support:
- Provide oversight and technical guidance to maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary.
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
- Work closely with RM, OM, and CoP to share information and provide support as required.
- Support Regional Office in conducting Code of Conduct pieces of training and Investigations.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisor(s) to allow the organization to function optimally.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have the following competencies:
- 3 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or 2 years relevant Master’s Degree; Professional training in Human Resources Management
- Experience in HR business partnering to mid or senior-level managers along with experiences with labour laws.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Pro-active, stable, and robust character and a good team-player.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must upload a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
- GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.