TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intermediate Python API Developer
- If building infrastructure for hundreds of businesses in Africa excites you, this role is for you.
- We are looking for a Python API Developer to own and ensure that our platform and core infrastructure product are safe and secure by design.
Every day, you will …
- Design, build, test, APIs and databases that will be responsible for data core to the business using Flask
- Expert in various database management systems(MongoDB/NoSQL, MySQL, Postgres).
- Deep understanding of web architecture including the HTTP protocol, REST services, etc.
- Strong understanding of designing secure systems.
- You are comfortable manipulating large data sets and handle raw SQL
- Experience with distributed architectures and measuring system performance metrics.
- Expert in some software engineering practices, such as version control with Git, unit tests, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
You would be great for this role if you have…
- Strong programming skills in Python, using the Flask framewor
- Solid understanding of Object-oriented programming
- Experience building APIs
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
What’s In It For You?
- Grow your network by working with some of the best minds we know. You will also get to work with an amazing team of designers, managers and strategists.
- We believe we’re doing impactful work at Bloc—helping founders build FinTech solutions for the African market, indirectly contributing to financial inclusion. You will get first-hand experience contributing to impact-driven work.
Where would you work?
- We have an office in Lagos. However, we currently work remote, though once in a while there might be a need for physical presence.
You shouldn’t take this role if …
- You need top-down step-by-step directions on how to carry your tasks. You will work in a very fast-paced, quick learning environment. You will work in very high impact areas and collaborating with your team is of utmost importance to drive alignment.
- You find excuses for why you can’t get something done. While we understand that there’s a possibility that your skill level may not be as advanced, “not possible” is not a reply we want to hear.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online