Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile + Frontend Engineering Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking to add a passionate Cross-platform mobile + frontend engineering leader to lead and mentor our growing and agile mobile-focused developers.
- This person has to love the startup grind and hustle of getting things done quickly, but also without sacrificing the longevity of the technology.
- You will regularly collaborate with the engineering leadership and product team to ensure optimal implementation of new features and will contribute as part of a cross-functional agile development team. We are looking for true owners who are looking to build not only new and interesting technology but also a world-class technology company.
- This comes with mentoring less experienced engineers, interviewing candidates, and selflessly doing whatever it takes to move the company forward. We strive for bigger and better and it’s important to the company that you do too.
- Meet with various stakeholders to review product requirements
- Lead development for a React-Native/Redux cross-platform application
- Make decisions on architecture, design patterns, and native/front-end libraries
- Ensure codebase is properly tested
- Perform code reviews and suggest improvements to the application based on the latest industry standards
- Work alongside and effectively coordinate with other engineers on the team
- Collaborate with the backend team and QA in order to reach milestones in time
- Architecting the React Native mobile application
- Managing the mobile team and ensuring alignment with the backend team
- Constantly improving upon the user experience and functionality of the mobile applications
- Overseeing the stability and delivery of application updates
- Creating and maintaining a strong work ethic amongst their team
- Coordinating with the product manager for sprint planning
- Communicating & collaborating with the DevOps team
Must Have Skills and Experiences
- Prior experience with complete app releases in app stores.
- 7+ years professional development experience
- 5+ years React-native experience (or equivalent FE frameworks)
- 2+ years of an active Leadership role
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice To Have Skills:
- Previous startup experience a plus
- Creative mindset.
- Passionate about teaching technical skills to others
- Handsome salary with respect to your geolocation and experience.
- Freedom to choose your workplace (as long as the video and audio call quality is satisfactory).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You’ll have to work remotely and communicate with coworkers around the world. Hence,
- A good internet connection is essential.
- Timetables may slightly vary depending on the time zones of your teammates.
- Will have to engage in Video and Audio calls regularly.