FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offline Fraud Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent contract
- Your role will be to be the point of contact in liaising with Law Enforcement and other financial institutions on fraud related issues. The successful candidate will liaise with customers, receive fraud complaints and investigate, and track all cases of fraud reported.
We are waiting for you to :
- Plan and undertake investigations into allegations of fraud of varying nature and complexity.
- Focus on credit related fraud across product lines including unsecured lending.
- Coordinate with other departments in relation to all fraud assignments eg. Obtaining and providing all relevant documents / evidences from / to Law Enforcement or consultant.
- Design and implement programs to prevent fraudulent activities and to recover any incurred losses.
- Establish a fraud desk for receiving customer complaints and investigating them to conclusion.
- Prepare draft and finalization of special investigation report within reasonable time period
- Assist in the identification of control weaknesses and implementing solutions and controls for future improvements.
- Identify and utilize appropriate investigative techniques and technologies to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct witness (customers) interviews and take statements in accordance with current legislation.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion in carrying out all the duties of the post.
- Ensure that all fraud case files and documents are maintained, updated, and protected in a secure manner.
- Establish relationships with law enforcement, key contacts in banks and stakeholders in the security apparatus.
Preferred Qualification / Experience
- At least 4 years of fraud detection and investigation in any financial institutions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (preferably related to Fraud Management, Law, Accounting), with a professional certification of CFE will be an additional advantage.
- Must have a strong understanding of fraud & forgery concepts & covenants and legal & regulatory requirements.
- Must have knowledge of banking norms
- Knowledge of Microfinance prudential and other statutory regulations.
- Ability to judge financial data relationship to detect frauds
- Having high attention to details.
- Being able to interrogate persons
- Being able to work on non-traditional hours
- Having organizational skills
- Being assertive, Ability to withstand and handle influences / pressures
- Having knowledge on how to collect and preserve evidence
- Being ethical.
- Willing to travel across Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Phone screening with Titi, HR & TA Manager and/or Case study assessment
- Technical interview
- Interview w/ Risk
- Fit Call w/ Executive Sponsor