GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Executive – West and Central Africa
Ref No: 307854
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
In this role you will:
- Maintain QMS knowledge and awareness of changes within the commercial environment to seek opportunities and manage potential business adversity, including identification and communication / Escalation of quality-related Risks to the Partner Markets RMCB.
- Supporting the Quality Head, WCA Partner Markets to ensure a robust, sustainable and effective QMS (Quality Management System) through monitoring and reviewing the compliance status within the Partner Markets Africa – WCA area.
- Ensure compliance to the internal monitoring requirements for Africa Partner Markets – WCA area, and where required perform “for-cause” audits at WCA Partner Markets distributors.
- Function as the GSK Quality point-of-contact for customer complaints from DNP distributors in the Partner Markets – WCA area, and ensure use of an effective complaints management process to report and follow up on product complaints with manufacturing sites, customers and Partner Markets commercial teams
- Ensure that an effective product incident process is in place to escalate and manage product quality related issues through the local incident management (LIC) process and global PIRC process.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the Africa Partner Markets through sharing of best practices, KPI’s, training etc.
- Perform day to day work to support the local change control process with the aim of ensuring all planned major changes are effectively managed. Processes in place to routinely review progress of changes and close out when completed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Successful completion of relevant tertiary qualifications – Science Degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience within the Pharmaceutical / Consumer Healthcare industries, preferably in the capacity of a senior quality specialist or a manager
- Understanding of and experience in quality assurance systems particularly in the areas of batch release, product incidents, artwork control and performing audits
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to GMP/GDP
- Knowledge on effective quality documentation systems.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver clear communications and foster excellent working relationships with peers and management
- Analytical mind, good attention to detail and problem-solving skills within a structured process
- Good team player – works well in cross-functional teams.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online