Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: React Native Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to add a passionate React Native developer to our product team. Day-to-day, you will work closely with the product team in Agile sprints, to develop new apps and maintain our current products.
- This is a long-term, full-time position. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- This is a highly coveted role as you will be working on one of our strategic mobile apps used by millions of customers and thousands of partners within the fastest growing marketplace in Sub-saharan Africa. You will also be working within a cross-disciplinary team comprised of Backend services engineers, Product designers, Data experts, Geo-Spatial experts etc.
- Build apps from their infancy.
- Implement pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms (IOS, Android).
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Collaborate with the backend team and QA in order to reach milestones in time.
Must Have Skills and Experiences
- Prior experience with complete app releases in app stores.
- Fluency in English (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing).
- A firm grasp on version control (Git).
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3 years experience with React Native and a sound understanding of mobile nuances.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience with Redux.
- Prior experience coding in React ecosystem.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Creative mindset.
- Handsome salary with respect to your geolocation and experience.
- Freedom to choose your workplace (as long as the video and audio call quality is satisfactory).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You’ll have to work remotely and communicate with coworkers around the world. Hence,
- A good internet connection is essential.
- Timetables may slightly vary depending on the time zones of your teammates.
- Will have to engage in Video and Audio calls regularly.