Datom Consulting Limited – Our client in the financial sector is in need of an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Locations: (Ilorin) Kwara, (Abeokuta) Ogun, (Akure) Ondo and (Ibadan) Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The role would require you as the Recovery Officer to be responsible for collecting bad debt including written-off loans and loans overdue and other acceptable common practices aligned with legal framework requirement.
- Effective and consistent formulation and execution of Collections and Recovery strategies for improving performance, delivering the best result based on individual account circumstances while maintaining customer relationship.
- Proactive and ongoing monitoring and management of loan portfolio to minimize bad debt provisions/losses.
- Providing collections and Recovery expertise and knowledge for annual, quarterly and monthly forecasts.
- Meeting with delinquent customers (if needed) and making appropriate decisions to prevent cases from further deterioration.
- Demonstrating the ability to take on role specific requirements as outlined by management.
- Ensuring that reminders are sent to overdue customers before due date by coordinating working with the credit team.
- Monitoring and controlling all overdue cases and ensuring that these are followed up for release / renewal / auction as the case may be and co-coordinating action within the Legal provisioning.
- Ensuring that all legal notices, Auction notices are timely issued to borrowers by co-ordaining with team.
- Liaison with legal team of both the products for all recovery related matters (Legal notices, replies, auction etc.)
- Identify and assess a recovery likelihood of loan write off clients, rating Low, Medium, or High.
- Coordinate with account officers to identify loan write off clients and classify them into four different categories according to combination of their willingness to pay and capacity to pay.
- Work closely with the Head of Credit, to identify root cause of loan delinquency, operational weaknesses and recommend changes to improve the quality of the portfolio.
- BSc / HND qualification
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Recovery in a Microfinance Institution is an added advantage.
- Strong negotiation
- Articulate and result oriented
- High level of integrity
- Accurate, organized and motivated
- Previous loan recovery experience.
Deadline: 19th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only candidates that meets the requirements above are expected to apply
- Candidates residing in the location mentioned above will be given preference.