International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WGSS Facilitator
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The Women’s Center Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills and knowledge building activities and recreational activities.
- She is overall lead in community mobilization for GBV awareness and sensitization at community level of the project sites in Damboa.
- In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation.
- In coordination with volunteers / partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
- Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities.
- Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WFS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
- Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
- In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers.
- In coordination with women, leaders / SEMA / NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child etc.
- Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers / partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
- Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics.
- Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
- Practice self-care.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Supervise community volunteers / partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers / partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
- Organize and implement bi weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics.
- Submit weekly and monthly activities reports to the supervisor every Friday and at the end of each month.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Social Science.
- Excellent report-writing skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Comfortable living and working in Damboa.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Ms Word, email and utilization of the internet.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver IMC’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values and principles.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Deadline: 13th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and should be addressed to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com
- Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this *recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- We are an equal opportunity organization So DAMBOA Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.