Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename; United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Baggage Handler
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Station Manager
- The Baggage Handlers will be in charge of baggage, cargo and mails.
- The Baggage handlers reports to the station manager and is assigned the responsibility of
- exercising efficient and effective handling of all the baggage, cargo and mails on all United Nigeria flights.
- Supervising and coordinating all baggage, cargo and mails at the station.
- Receiving all checked – in baggage at the check -in counter
- Send and sort out of checked -in baggage into the baggage trolleys
- Ensure movement out of the baggage to the aircraft for loading after due identification by the respective Bonafede passenger.
- The movement of arrival baggage from the aircraft to baggage hall for passenger identification.
- Supervise baggage services such as Lost & Found
- Being vigilant at assigned location/duty post
- Pay attention to baggage questioning to passenger
- Handle passenger baggage with care, not to drag or throw baggage
- Report any suspected Dangerous Goods in any passenger baggage
- Make sure the excess baggage charge corresponds to the weight
- Ensure baggage are tracked and processed on flights they are check-in for
- Ensure correct baggage tagging/labeling
- Report and bring to notice of the passenger discrepancies as per baggage condition and weight
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- OND / ND / WAEC
- One or two years’ experience as a Baggage Handler
- Must be strong and energetic
- Ability to work late hours
- Must be comfortable to work under pressure
Deadline: 1st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application (indicating location) and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Preferably, applicants should be resident within Umueri or its environs.