Since 2002 when Adamawa State University, Mubi was established, the Institution has been striving to meet the stated goal of providing “Education for Development”. However, the University is concerned with its commitment to the immediate environment, mindful of our position as a tertiary institution of learning with universal responsibilities. We are therefore working towards establishing a world class University that addresses our local problems within the context of intellectualism that is broad based and international in outlook.
The Governing Council of Adamawa State University, Mubi, in accordance with the provisions of Adamawa State University Law No. 16 of 2020, invites application from suitably qualified candidates with experience in University Administration for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must be a Deputy Bursar and/or equivalent
- A First Degree in Accounting from a recognized University
- Membership of any of the following Professional Accounting Bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN);
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN); and
- Association of Certified Chattered Accountants (ACCA).
- Applicants must have had at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification experience; ten (10) years must have been in University administration.
- Applicants must be of sound physical and mental health.
- Applicants must be persons of high integrity and unquestionable character.
- Applicants must be information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient.
- Eligible candidates should not be more than 55 years old at the time of assumption of office.
Tenure of Appointment
- The Appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years only.
Condition of Service
Salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Bursars in Nigerian Universities.
Deadline: 20th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, with Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees in sealed envelopes, marked at the top left corner “Application for the Post of Bursar” and addressed to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Adamawa State University,
P.M.B 25, Mubi,
- Referees should be requested to forward their referee’s report to the Vice Chancellor under confidential cover.
- Applications and referee reports should reach the above address not later than the application closing date.