The Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, is one of the relatively new Universities established by the Federal Government in 2011 to ameliorate the problem of access to tertiary education in Nigeria, especially in States lacking Federal University presence. The rationale for establishing the Federal University Oye-Ekiti includes, among others, responsive approach to global academic expectations and excellence; access to quality education, and, to inculcate an attitude of lifelong learning.
The University runs Two Campuses, the main seat of the University is at Oye-Ekiti and a second Campus is situated at kole-Ekiti. The University has Eleven (11) Faculties. The Faculties of Arts, Basic Medical Sciences, Education, Law, Management Sciences, Pharmacy, Science, and Social Sciences are located at the Dye-Ekiti Campus, while the Faculties of Agriculture, Engineering, and Environmental Design and Management, are situated at the Ikole-Ekiti Campus. The student population of the University currently stands at about 30,000.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University, duly appointed by the University Governing Council.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- By virtue of this position, the Bursar should be able to contribute to the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic plans, and ensure the development and periodic update of the University’s financial management system.
- The Bursar should also be able to coordinate and monitor the preparation of periodic income and expenditure statements, balance sheet, cash flow estimates and consolidation.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that the University’s annual budgetary processes are dully followed.
- He / She must demonstrate ability to advise and implement financial policies and produce manuals of accounting procedure of the University.
- Also, the Bursar should vigorously pursue and ensure the preparation and submission of the annual statutory external auditors’ reports to Council for consideration.
The candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess a high level of personal integrity; demonstrate Transparency in both private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University, and, in addition, satisfy the following criteria:
- Shall possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution. Possession of Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Must be a current member of any professionally recognised accounting body, such as ICAN ACCA,ANAN
- Must have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years post-qualification cognate experience in an institution of higher learning. Ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University System:
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment;
- Must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar in a University;
- Be in excellent physical and mental health; and
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of the IPPIS and relevant accounting packages such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, Oracle, etc.
- The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 16th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Twenty (20) hard copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Email Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools Attended and Qualifications Obtained (with Dates)
- Current Employment and Position(s) Held (with Date(s))
- Previous Employment(s) / Position(s) (with Date(s))
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees
Hard Copies of the application (20 copies) should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar” to:
Federal University Oye-Ekiti,
P.M.B. 373, Oye-Ekiti,
A Soft Copy of the Application (with the Curriculum Vitae and Credentials as attachment) should be emailed to: email@example.com in addition to the hard copies submitted.
- Applicants are expected to request their Referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Applications (and Referees’ Reports) should reach the Vice-Chancellor on or before the deadline.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results. This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.