The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Business Support Assistant – SC3 UNHAS
Requisition ID: 153081
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Short Term-SC WFP
- The Job holder will typically provide administrative support to team(s) and / or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Associate.
- At this level, work is carried out under close supervision or immediately available assistance. Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work.
- To deliver a range of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
Other Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with airport staff in line with administrative functions.
- Assist in passenger handling in both receiving and dispatching aircraft.
- Undertake passenger and cargo data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
- Liaise with airport security for access for UNHAS assets, agencies, and partners.
- Collect, sort and disburse cargo, reports and other material to meet the requirements of agencies to time standards.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of Secondary School Education.
- Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work with at least 2 or years in an aviation environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of United Nations Humanitarian Air Services operations.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
- General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field):
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Deadline: 15th November, 2021. at 11:59 PM (Nigeria Time)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Terms and Conditions
- Only Nigerian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.