Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client, a Pentecostal Church, located along the Lekki axis of Lagos, is recruiting passionate and talented candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Facilities Manager will oversee the management and operations of all the physical facilities of the church.
- Provide oversight and responsibility for the buildings, grounds, parking lots, equipment, building systems, general security, and housekeeping, ensuring the facilities are fully operational, safe, clean and neat, and prepared for services and ministry activities.
- Oversee and perform maintenance/repairs for the church building, equipment (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical) and property, or act as church representative with outside contractors and inspectors coming onto the property or into the building.
- Manage and perform all work related to the maintenance and repair of facilities (including but not limited to building inspections, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, landscape, waste management and security)
- Ensure all church facilities and grounds are well maintained and ready for Sunday services and mid-week events
- Perform janitorial / cleaning of the facilities mid-week, weekends, and as needed
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies and equipment on an on-going basis
- Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies, which may require evening and weekend work
- Oversee and provide event coordination. Ensure proper scheduling of set up and take down for meetings, special events, worship, weddings, memorial services, and otherwise as directed
- Work with appropriate government agencies to ensure that buildings are safe and meet current code requirements; Must be familiar with and ensure compliance of OSHA regulations and standards
- Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials
- Maintain expenditures related to the building, facilities, and grounds repairs and maintenance in accordance with the approved budget
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Board to report problems, solutions and costs associated with projects not approved in the budget, and provide input to development of the annual budget
- Schedule and coordinate work with outside contractors, as necessary
- Develop and manage volunteer facilities team. Schedule and coordinate efforts of the team, as needed. Act as point of care for all facilities team members
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, and equipment utilized in facility maintenance, construction, and repair activities; including skills and abilities related to plumbing, janitorial, electrical systems, painting, carpentry, construction and heating and air conditioning systems
- Knowledge of security practices and protocol related to facility management
- Knowledge of safety practices and applicable regulations
- Must be computer literate with knowledge in all Microsoft Office software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the approaches and techniques involved in budgeting, labor relations, contract management, project management, record keeping, etc.
- Capable of coordinating multiple tasks and adjusting to the changing priorities, meeting deadlines, and scheduling of a growing church
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, balance competing priorities and tight deadlines, work under pressure and remain flexible
- Ability to recruit and train others so the church is fully equipped to respond to any need pertaining to grounds and facilities
- Must be able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making
- Understanding of and alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the church
- Must be integral and committed to living a public life that is founded in Christ likeness and above reproach.
Competitive along with other benefits.
Deadline: 30th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis till the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.