Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Group ANC Technical Consultant
Reports To: Program Officer, GANC Project
Period of Performance: 5 months
- G-ANC is a 2-year project sub awarded to Jhpiego by technical Advice Connect (TA CONNECT).
- The G-ANC project will provide technical assistance (TA) to Nasarawa State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and State Public Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) scaleup and institutionalize Group antenatal care (ANC) within maternal and newborn health (MNH) services in public health facilities to improve the quality and experience of ANC for pregnant women through the state.
- The overall project goal is to improve reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) outcomes for pregnant women and their babies in Nasarawa State thus helping the State achieve its MNH annual and long-term targets.
- Achieving the objectives of the G-ANC project requires a strong and efficient strategic information system that is able to use data to inform programmatic decisions.
- The right decisions depend on the correct data. This requires the availability and use of correct data at all levels.
- Assists the state team in implementing GANC Model with high standards.
- Oversees implementation of GANC Model activities in all facilities with utmost fidelity – ensures the Model is done according to standard.
- Conducts supervision/On-The-Job training in every facility implementing GANC.
- Supports activities of the LGA Mentors on the field and ensures their reports are turned in timely.
- Ensures needed equipment/materials are available.
- Provides general support and serves as a link between facilities and the Program team.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Program team.
- Timely collates and writes reports
- Registered Nurse / Registered Midwife
- 3 years of working experience related to MNCH particularly ANC
- Possess good quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning, coordination and organizational skills
- Understanding of Hausa language would be an added advantage.
Deadline: 10th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter should be in ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.