White Tree Gourmet is a seamless grocery shopping experience in the heart of Ikoyi, Lagos. Buy fresh produce and quality products for your home in-store or online. Whitetree Bistro – a blend of relaxation and flavours. Our Vision is Making Grocery shopping modern and inspiring for our customers in Nigeria. Our Products: When you walk through each section and aisle, you’re walking through the best products in their widest ranges. Our Experience: We are completely sold out to improve your grocery shopping experience from our products, our team and our programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
- Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
- Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Core Work Activities:
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met:
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Prepares and cooks continental foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Kitchen Operations:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals:
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- OND / HND qualification with at least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Continental Dishes is highly required.
Deadline: 5th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Head Chef” as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates living on the Lagos Island or environs are expected to apply.
Leave a Reply