The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 50,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Research & Technical
Department: Technical and education Directorate
Reports to: the Head, Research Technical and Education
- Identifies the research and technical needs of the Institute for internal and external consumption, technical assignments in the areas of accounting, insolvency and auditing theories, practices, economics, banking and finance-related issues, capital market operations, public finance and government policies, standards and professional ethics;
- Responds to Exposure Drafts and other international pronouncements on Standards on time;
- Assists the relevant Committees of the Council that requires the services of the
- Department in identifying research issues and proffering solutions;
- Co-ordinates the Institute’s programmes for promoting and developing the science of accountancy and disseminating the output of the Institute’s research projects;
- Is familiar with standard writing procedures and has flair for writing and editing technical materials for publication.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline from a recognized reputable university, and
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Must be familiar with:
- Computerised research instrument – SPSS; Minitabs and Eview
- Standard writing procedures and must have flair for writing and editing technical materials for publication.
Deadline: 4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.