The Delta State Polytechnic, established by the Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku Law, 2002, is one of the three polytechnics in Delta State, Nigeria, Located in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State, Nigeria. The polytechnic offers National Diplomas and Higher National Diplomas in Art and Design (Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, and General Art), Business (Accountancy, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Mass Communication, Office Technology Management and Production Operations Management), Engineering (Agriculture and Bio-environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Foundry Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering and Welding and Fabrication) and Applied Sciences (Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics and Hospitality and Tourism Management).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below at Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku Health Center, Delta State:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (CONHESS 07 / 1)
Location: Ogwashi-Uku, Delta
- The Medical Laboratory Technician is a Senior Medical Laboratory Technician in the Polytechnic Health Centre and responsible to the Chief Medical Director of the Polytechnic for the effective administration of the Health Centre.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Candidates must possess Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science from a recognized School of Health Technology with evidence of registration with the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria.
- Membership of relevant Professional body is needed.
Conditions of Service
- Terms and conditions of service would be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and benefits are as applicable in the Nigerian Polytechnic System.
Deadline: 8th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty-five (25) copies of their Applications (which must be typewritten) accompanied by a two-page statement and current Curriculum Vitae of which will include the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Current Postal / Contact Addresses (with Phone Number(s) and E-mail Address)
- Permanent Home Address
- Institutions attended with dates
- Educational qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Distinctions and Awards with dates
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Academic related services to the Nation and the Tertiary Institutions
- Important Academic Conferences / Workshops / Courses attended with dates
- Technical Reports
- Details of Previous and Present Appointments
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees (two of whom must be in candidate’s field of study).
Applications should be submitted by Courier Services under cover in sealed envelope(s) marked “Post of Medical Laboratory Technician” to:
Delta State Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 1030, Ogwashi-Uku,
Delta State, Nigeria.
- Each Candidate must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their referrals report under confidential cover by courier service directly to the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted