Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Engineering Manager
Job number: 1202624
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your diverse expertise to unlock the value of data, transform business processes, create new experiences, and infuse the business with look-forward prescriptive and inquisitive insights?
- Would you like to bring your passion for evolving and refining our data platform solution by infusing core Data Stewart functions?
- Do you enjoy building and developing high performing teams? If so, we have an opportunity for you.
- Business Application is one of the four key growth areas for Microsoft and our Cloud Business over the coming years.
- As a foundational pillar of the company, our group is building the next generation of business applications and platforms that will help businesses large and small succeed in achieving their digital transformation agenda.
- The products we are responsible for include Dynamics 365, Azure Data and Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Power Automate).
- We are looking for a seasoned Software engineering manager who can champion BI engineering, Data quality and insights of ever-growing pool of information generated and resourced from various repositories across organizations.
- The ideal candidate will drive the vision and strategy for our Business Intelligence & Analytics service.
- Rapidly build and grow a talented team of Data engineers, Data scientists and Program managers
- Deliver Big Data, ML solutions while showing strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design
- Inform business strategy through deep insights, cross team collaboration.
- Provide thought leadership on Data Management activities like, Data Catalog, Data Definition, Data Retention and Standard Representation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, ML or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a people manager.
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining Big Data, Analytics and ML systems
- Experience in designing Big Data platforms, telemetry and ML ops systems
- Experience in ML Engineering and experimentation Software lifecycle
- Track record of mentoring and managing individuals
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity & working independently.
- A willingness to learn, share, & improve.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.