The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 50,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Professional Practice (Manager)
- The position reports to the Head of Department and assists in effective planning and management of the practice monitoring processes, procedures and activities.
- Organizes and participates in regular practice review of audit firms and ensures that firms’ data are up-to-date;
- Regularly reviews and updates the Institute’s Statements of Membership Obligations (SMOs) and Dashboard Report (DBR);
- Coordinates mentoring programmes for the Small Medium-sized Practices (SMPs) as well as initiatives to merge their practices;
- Coordinates the Institute’s International Desk, Help Desk and Help Portal;
- Oversees the processes and procedures involved in the issue and renewal of practice licence to members; seal and repair of damaged ones; the application and documentation of attachment of members in audit firms and; change of firm’s name.
- Conducts unannounced due diligence on firms on regular basis for the purpose of verification and practice validation as may be required from time to time.
- Organizes meetings and prepares minutes of both Professional Practice Committee (PPC) and SMP Committee as well as draft report on recommendations to the Council;
- Monitors the websites of affiliated international organizations and the likes for recent developments in the industry.
- Organizes sensitization sessions for Big and SMPs firms on the new changes in the Institutional practice policies and regulations either physically or virtually.
Skills / Competencies:
- This role requires strong knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, ability to evaluate and interpret financial statements with a sound financial management capability.
- The ideal candidate must be innovative, inquisitive and research-inclined with good understanding of the global economy and key development imperatives.
- The role also requires strong communication and analytical skills, confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of people both within and outside the Institute.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management
- Qualified member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Of Nigeria (ICAN)
- A Master’s Degree in relevant fields is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post professional qualification experience
- Practical and Specialist knowledge in any of the following specified areas:
- Financial Reporting and Auditing
- Management Accounting & Strategy
- Tax and Laws
- Excellent understanding of Practical Audit Practice in both Internal and External perspective
- Strong understanding and experience of Practice Review in line with the new ISQM 1 and other International Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reporting and Escalating to relevant Stakeholders, areas of non-compliance identified during the course of review.
- Ability to multi-task with little or no supervision and provide the quality deliverables with respect for deadlines.
Deadline: 4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.